Tuesday 10 February 2015

Snow Pear Drink - Nourishes the Lungs and Soothes Cough


Snow Pear Drink - Nourishes the Lungs and Soothes Cough

This week, I have been boiling this Snow Pear Drink for my kids who are down with flu and cough. This drink helps to nourish the lungs and soothe cough.

There are 2 recipes because the first wasn't popular with my kids who did not like the almond taste. Hence, recipe 2 is the modified version which they love so much. 

Recipe 1: 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 Snow Pear
  • South Almond (北杏)
  • North Almond ( 南杏)
  • Chuan Bei (川贝)
  • White Fungus
  • Honey Rock Sugar

Amount of each ingredient is up to you, depending on the size of the pot. I just estimated the amount. 

Method: 

1.Cut the snow pear into quarters. 

You may choose to remove the skin and core. However, as I am going to drain the drink after boiling, I didn't remove the skin or core.

2. Wash the all the almond and chuan bei.

3. Cut the white fungus into small pieces. 

4. Put all the ingredients into a pot of water and boil it.





However, my children didn't like the Snow Pear Drink in recipe 1 because they didn't like the almond smell and taste. So my cousin, Wendy, who taught me this recipe, told me to replace the almond with wolfberries.

Recipe 2: 

Ingredients: 



  • 1 Snow Pear
  • Wolfberries( 枸杞子)
  • Chuan Bei (川贝)
  • White Fungus
  • Honey Rock Sugar


In recipe 2, I replaced the almonds with wolfberries and my kids just simply love it. With wolfberries, the drink is much sweeter.




What do you think of this drink?



Other topics that you might be interested in.


Follow me on Facebook for more updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment