Friday 16 January 2015

From their Point of View #1: Parents Quarreling over Money




In this series of ‘From Their Point of View’, I’ll be sharing with you some real stories that teenagers have shared with me. I will try to re-tell their stories and parenting from their point of view. These stories really help me to reflect as a parent and I hope through stories, we can learn more about how our parenting actually affects our children.  

From Their Point of View #1

“My parents quarrel every single time we go out for a meal. At the end of the meal, one of my parents will make an excuse to leave the table so that the other party will have no choice but to pay. It became worse as time passes. Very soon, the both of them would be shouting at each other over who should pay for the meal and why the other party should pay, in the restaurant itself. I feel so embarrassed. I don’t know what to do when that happens. I just feel like digging a hole and hiding. Eventually, I hated going out with my parents. I try to find excuses not go out with them. Sometimes, it makes me think about what kind of family I have and I feel so helpless when that happens.”

Please feel free to leave comments or any reflections on the above situation.
 How would you advice to resolve the situation? 

No comments:

Post a Comment